Showground RulesFor exhibits, exhibitors & your safety
Entry to the show shall be charged at the following rates:
- Adult £7
- Child over 12 years £5
- Concessions £5
- Child under 12 years FREE
- Schedules &entry forms are available from the section secretaries.
- Entries should be made on the form provided, signed by the exhibitor & forwarded with the appropriate entry fee before the specified closing date. Entry fees are not refundable.
- The society reserves the right to cancel/ amalgamate any class or withhold prize monies if there are insufficient entries. No prize money or trophies will be awarded until the grand parade.
- All entries are made at the risk of the exhibitor; the society will not accept responsibility for any loss or damage whatsoever.
- No distinguishing marks other than numbers, labels, cards, etc. allocated by the society will be permitted on any exhibit.
- All exhibits should be on the showground and placed in their respective positions by exhibitors at least 30 minutes before judging commences.
- All animals must be kept under supervision & correctly restrained and handled at all times.
- Exhibitors must obey officials at all times, especially regarding health & safety.
- Exhibitors in the marquees must use their own plates dishes & stands, for which articles the committee will not be held responsible.
- Winners of cups & trophies shall return the same in good order 30 days before the next show. Failure to comply will result in a charge to be made as deemed fit by the committee.
- Exhibitors must not leave their vehicles on the showground unless they are displaying a vehicle pass.
- All litter must be disposed of properly, or taken home.
- British Safety Standard approved hard hats must be worn as is required by exhibitors competing in the equine sections.
- All vehicles & animals entering the show ground must be covered by at least third party insurance & have their respective licenses for travel & passports, in compliance with DEFRA legislation.
- No horse under the age of 4 should be ridden on the show ground.
- Stallions and colts to be handled by competent young handlers.
- Cantering is strictly forbidden on the showground.
- Equitation classes are to be shown in a snaffle and no spurs.
- The judges decision is final.
- The judge shall have the power to disqualify any exhibits found to be fraudulently entered, or that do not comply with the classification in the section schedule.
- Only officials, exhibitors & their exhibits may be allowed into the rings.
Health & safety
- This is an agricultural show with livestock attendance & participation. Whilst the committee have considered & catered to the best of their ability for all aspects concerning health & safety, we would ask for your diligence at all times, as animals are unpredictable & easily startled by noise, crowds & unfamiliar surroundings.
- Exhibitors, exhibits and the public should be aware of uneven ground and unusual obstacles around the show ground. Please note that the committee cannot be held responsible for any accident, injury or illness howsoever caused.
Objections & complaints
- Any objections, protests or complaints must be lodged in writing with the sum of £15.00, which shall be forfeited if the committee finds the objection frivolous or without merit.
We hope you have a very enjoyable day at the Bury Agricultural Show.